I'm Not Dead . . . Yet

As what the title says, I'm not dead . . . yet. I haven't posted on this blog for 2 months or so, and I'm so sorry if you think I abandoned this blog or something. I was just really, really busy with college, that's all. After being in college for 3 months, I could only come to one conclusion: it's hard as well. Grueling is a more accurate word to describe the tasks and assignments I have been often assigned to do. Since it's our "all-English" term (we mostly have English subjects), we've been mostly focusing on doing a lot, and I mean a lot, of paperwork. Honestly speaking, I felt like I just chopped down 2-5 trees just to account for all of the papers I've submitted this term.

AND THIS IS JUST THE ENGLISH TERM. Just wait till you see what my next term is mostly about: MATH. That's right, MATH: Mental Abuse To Humans. My most hated subject in the world, math. If my skills in English is bad, just wait till you see my skills in math. Honestly speaking, if I were to compare my processing skills in math, it's akin to an Intel 4004. My brain in math processes calculations at an extremely slow pace.

If my assignments in this all-English term was harsh, wait until I get a taste of calculus and trigonometry. I'm 100% sure, at the end of the term, my brain will stop working.


OR


I could stop being so lazy in learning math and actually have the guts to learn the subject. Because, and this is true, I throw away almost EVERYTHING I learn about the subject. I think it's because math in college is so abstract, IT'S SO HARD TO APPLY IN EVERYDAY LIFE.

In my other subjects, the things I learn is extremely easy to apply. Take the case of my GRAMCOM (Grammar and Composition Development) class: I learn grammatical rules, how to properly construct sentences, and so on. I can immediately apply them in messaging and in writing stories. The same goes for my Public Speaking 1 and 2 classes (the only classes that I'm excelling at), feedback from my professor is immediate, simple, and easy to understand. I can immediately change the tone of my voice and modulate my voice so that people will hear me clearly. I can also improve my pronunciation skills and it actually helps me so much when presenting in front of the class.

As for math, it's quite different. Sure, I can apply the things I've learned (cross multiplication, substitution, parabolas, theories, concepts, etc.), but I can only apply them on paper. Cross multiplication can't help me with how I communicate with other people, and most of the things I learn in math can only be applied on a piece of paper.

I believe that everyone learns in a different manner, and I'm a type of learner who learns easier if the lessons I'm taught can be applied immediately, or if I can relate them to everyday life.

If you have a way for me to learn math much easier, please, tell me. I'd love to hear a new approach in learning math as opposed to a boring lecture about numbers mixed with letters.


Hopefully you all got the topic of my blog post :)
It'll be a while before I post on this blog again, just lemme finish the term and I'll be sure that I'll post here again (and continue the redesign of this blog).

Popular posts from this blog

Tiffany's Xanga

Jessica Jung + Tiffany Hwang

My First Week of College