Reminiscing

Every now and then, I find myself just staring at air, mostly at nothing, and I don't even know why I'm staring in the first place. But, as far as I can recall, I've been starting to miss past events, reminiscing, and just remembering the things I've done and wishing for things I could've done, but never really did. Also, there are those regrets that I've made, choices I've made that negatively impacted my life/relationship with others and I get sort of "extreme guilt" whenever I think to myself, "Hey, why did we do this? Why? What forced us to do this?"

And so, I've decided to just spill my feeling out here (as always) on my blog and hopefully someone can understand, or at least TRY to understand the current situation that I'm in. I've also decided to cut this story into 4 parts: Reminiscing, Regrets, Things I Have Done, and Things I Could Have Done but Didn't Really Do. In this post, I'm going to start off with Reminiscing.



Reminiscing
Like I said earlier, I constantly find myself starting at the air, mostly at nothing. I mean, I can't help it. The good times that have gone by so quickly, the past, the "old" times, I can't help but miss them. Reminiscing, by myself, happens to be my common hobby now.

I remember back then that Elaine and I used to message each other and we constantly "spazz" to each other whenever a new SNSD album comes out, or whenever they're going on a tour, or whenever anything good comes up in SNSD. I miss those times, I really do, and I miss talking to Elaine more. Sure, given that she and I talk every now and then, but not as often as back then. I understand, she's busy with her college life, and that's fine. To be honest, I'm happy to see that Elaine, my big sister, is doing so well when it comes to her college life. I see her photos on Facebook about her wacky adventures she has with Erika. Seeing those pictures of my big sister never fails to put a smile on my face.

And there's my ever-so-eternal best friend, ****. She's in college as well, and that's great of her. I'm also happy for her whenever I see her cute posts of cat pictures on my News Feed. Though, at times, I can't help but remember the old times. I know **** thinks of me as some irrational, emotional, dramatic, and somewhat annoying kid, I get that. I also accept her deci


Wait a minute, I'm not supposed to mention her, she might get mad or think of something else, never mind. I apologize for any inconvenience.


One of the moments I miss the most was the summer of 2012 the K-Pop conventions and other SONE meetups I've went to, like Sooyoung's birthday gathering.

The entrance fee was only small and the venue was a mall that I almost always go to and I've been going to that mall ever since I was a kid. I also met an awesome K-Pop friend of mine, Kim, I call him "Kimmy Oppa" or "Brother Kim" at times. He's a highly skilled digital artist making some of the best T-shirt designs I've ever seen. I mean, seriously, that was one cool guy. He's one of the few people I met in that gathering.

Man, was the gathering awesome. It was, to be honest, my first time being in a room full of SONEs, and it felt AWESOME. I mean, there was like this "instant connection" in all of us in that room. For months, I've been confined to my room listening to SNSD and reading news about them, and also watching some of their dramas. Then I meet this bunch of SONEs that I felt like I had a connection with, and they also felt the same. We listen to the same genre of music, some of us watched the same dramas, and some of us were up to date with the latest SNSD news. Gee, it felt like home, it felt like "Holy crud! These people have the same interests as me, they know the songs I've been listening to, we all like SNSD, we're SONEs. This is awesome."

It felt great to be in a place with people you belong with, no matter how different or weird they are. I miss the SONEs I've met that day. Ah, those were the good times.



I've realized that, as time passes, we (but not all of us) continue to miss the events that have already passed. We look back and think about those times that made us feel, well, special. We take a look back into the past and remember how it was like. About how it was like being with your best friend, how it was like when your friend used to cheer you up whenever you were sad, how it was like when you were in that room full of strangers and yet you all had a feeling that you know each other just because you all listen to the same artist.

Yeah, I miss those times.

Popular posts from this blog

Tiffany's Xanga

Jessica Jung + Tiffany Hwang

My First Week of College