Blogging: Then and Now

As you can see from the bar graph above, you'd immediately notice that I have made most of my posts back then in 2014. I was blogging on an almost daily basis back then in 2014. Every time something good happens to me, I would make a blog post about it; the same way goes for the bad things that happen to me. This blog was my diary back then, my own personal friend that I can tell all of my secrets to. Now, things are a little different, and not all of the changes are good.

For those who have been reading this blog ever since it started back in 2013, you may notice that most of my posts from 2013 are now gone. Honestly speaking, if I were to count all of my posts published today (excluding this one), it would be around 117. But what most people don't know is that I have 105 posts that are marked as drafts. That's 47% out of all the posts I've made all in all. 47% of hidden content, just waiting to be published. Mind you, 47% is a high number. If you didn't know 47% of what's in your lunch box, you'd be shocked and scared to not the point that you'd consider throwing it away.



In the beginning, things were going good. I slowly started to improve my grammar in English and I slowly started learning how to write blocks to text instead of the usual single-line paragraphs that was common in my old posts.

I learned how to edit the template, add a few widgets I found on the Internet, and every so often I would learn a new HTML/CSS trick that I would implement on this blog. Things were going so well, until, one day I spread the word that I have a blog. Word got out through me, and then some of my teachers, as well as my close friends, started reading this little blog of mine.

Boom, then came the extreme criticism. People saw what I was writing and they didn't like it. Some of my friends asked me week after week to take down the posts that seemed offensive to them. Most of the time, I did take down the posts (some were deleted and some were revered to drafts). Things went on like this until I got bored of not being able to say what I want in my blog.

Some people say that I was bashing others, but in reality, I was just posting whatever came into my mind—and most of the time it was just some emotional rants left unsaid. There was this one incident where I posted the truth, and my other friends thought it was the truth as well, and I was forced to take it down because that person got offended or by some stupid reason. That was my life, and I was forced to take most of them down.

Still, the same and stupid cycle went on as usual. Post something -> Someone sees it as offensive -> That person keeps on asking week after week to take it down -> The post gets taken down.

The same boring cycle ensued for what seemed like an eternity until I started posting less and less often. I still wanted to blog, although I didn't want to leave Blogger. I had two choices: make a new blog and start blogging there OR stop blogging altogether.

I went with the second option.


Until now, I'm still afraid to post. I'm still afraid that some SJW (social justice warrior) who's a friend of mine (or someone I know personally) would come knocking by my Facebook inbox and ask me to take a post down because they deem it "offensive" or "triggering" or some other stupid excuse.

At this moment, I'm still waiting for the dust to settle. Although I'm pretty sure that most people don't remember my blog address anymore because my main website on my social networking profiles is now different. Maybe in a month or so I'll start posting regularly here again. Hopefully by the time I return to this blog again, my "friends" who have paper skin wouldn't drop by anymore or that they won't be offended anymore by lines of text.


I really do miss blogging.

Popular posts from this blog

Tiffany's Xanga

Jessica Jung + Tiffany Hwang

My First Week of College