After Hours: Satireday Nightly



Well, since The Weekly Potato was axed last year, I decided to make a new post series this year to replace The Weekly Potato. After months of deciding on what the new weekly post series is going to be about, I finally came up with a new theme for the new post series: nighttime.

I chose nighttime because, first of all, I love the night. I love seeing the lights of buildings in the city when looking from afar in a tall or high building. I also loved gazing at stars at night. So, I decided to combine both of those things in the theme and then I decided to work on the photo in Photoshop.

I decided what the new post series was going to be about, and I decided on satire and I decided to name the new post series "Satireday Nightly" because I have to post it on a weekly basis on a Saturday night (since I have nothing else to do on a Saturday night).

You'll notice the words After Hours below the logo of Girls & Peace because that's what I'm going to call the new group for the new night-themed post series. For now, Satireday Nightly will be the only night-themed post series, but I will add more night-themed post series soon. I'm still considering a post series about my nightly thoughts, but it's still in it's early stages, so I guess it might be scrapped soon if I decide that it's not good enough to have its own post series.


But anyway, I will continue with Satireday Nightly and you can all expect the new post later Saturday. Satireday Nightly will just be a nightly satire post series with a new post every Saturday that is mostly focused on the current endeavors, stereotypes, and struggles in the lives of modern teenagers. This might include some satire about social networking, cyberbullying, and all the other topics that need to be addressed in a satirical way. I must say that the first post might not be as good as you might think, or that it might not live up to your expectations, but rest assured, I will continue to work on my satire-writing skills and hopefully you'll see some improvement over time.

As I've said before: don't have high expectations for the first post. I'm relatively new to satire as I have never done it before. Besides, I'm more used to expository writing than satirical writing. Rest assured, you'll see me improve my skills as time goes by.

With that being said, I hope you all enjoy the new post series later. That'll be all for now and I'll see you all soon.


Update 1
I originally intended this article to be finished on Friday. I did, however, start writing on 11 pm, but it took me a while to write this. I just changed some of the wording in this post, nothing big. The series is still on track.

Popular posts from this blog

Tiffany's Xanga

Jessica Jung + Tiffany Hwang

My First Week of College