Out with the Old, in with the New

Okay, my first "big change" this November is going to be my main music player.

Notice I said, "main music player" instead of default music player. That's because Windows Media Player is still the best "lightweight" music player in my books. It has a library, sure, but who cares? When I open a song, I just want to open that song, not the entire album and my entire fucking library. Windows Media Player will do just fine for that job.


Over time, I grew tired and sick of Zune's design.


After I got my new hard disk, I quickly installed the 64-bit version of iTunes for Windows. I never really knew that Apple had already released a new update for iTunes to make it look more like iTunes on OS X Yosemite (which is a great operating system, by the way) and I was shocked when I saw the update.

My first reaction was, "Wow, this thing looks beautiful. A sleeker interface, less shadows, less gradients, cleaner-looking fonts (Helvetica Neue), and a clean look that is streamlined with this 'flat design' world that we're living in." I was excited and ecstatic about the new update, it felt like iTunes threw away this old, but good-looking, Toyota Prius named "Zune" and gave me a freakin' Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4.


"Good Time" never sounded so good and looked so awesome.


It was just phenomenal, I'm tellin' ya. The design and the UI perfectly matched with Windows 8.1, even though it was designed to look like the iTunes from Yosemite. Still, it felt like it was a newly-released music player and, call it foolish, but I fell in love with it at first sight.

Overall, it was a great improvement while I'm still waiting for Microsoft to make their primary music app, Xbox Music for Windows, better and more streamlined with the design of the OS. After all, Microsoft made Windows and Xbox Music, they should easily make Xbox Music look more streamlined with the OS, whatever the design Windows 8.1 may have.


To be fair, Xbox Music is a great app.
It just needs a few stuff like choosing the album art, editing the metadata, adding ratings and whatnot.
What irritates me the most is that it incorrectly matches the album info most of the frickin' time when I'm logged in.



I'll still use Zune because I need it to sync stuff to my Nokia Lumia 900, although I just won't use it that much to play music.


P.S.
I know, I know, the title was wrong. Please do excuse me for that because I was so tired and I didn't even bother to look at the title. That's what I get for trying to post at 2 in the morning after a long and harsh day. I'm so sorry for that.

Popular posts from this blog

Tiffany's Xanga

Jessica Jung + Tiffany Hwang

My First Week of College