Updating Windows 8.1 Apps Error

I have no idea why, but everytime there's a new app update on my Windows 8.1 laptop, THE STORE FAILS TO UPDATE IT.

[Update] The main reason is your internet connection, see further explanation below.
IT ALWAYS SHOWS UP WITH THE ERROR CODE 0x802002e.





Seriously, this is the only problem that's plaguing my laptop and I can't seem to find a fix for it.

They said, "Oh, run WSRESET.exe and it'll fix all the store problems", while other people said, "Nah bro, you gotta go to Control Panel -> Troubleshooting -> Fix problems with Windows Update and it'll take care of the rest."

Well, after months of looking for answers, I found a fix to this and to install the update.


The fix? Reinstall the app.


I'm not kidding, just reinstall the whole app indefinitely and download it again from the Store.



Here's how to do it:





Step 1: Uninstall the app




Step 2: Look for the app in the Store and install it 




Step 3: Wait for that darn app to finish installing




Voila! The update was installed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




The only downside I see to this is that you'll lose ALL DATA on the app (obviously, you uninstalled it.)

Not only that, you'll also lose ALL the app's pinned tiles on the Start screen.
So if the app has a lot of pinned tiles on the Start screen, you're generally fucked because you have to re-pin the AGAIN to the Start screen.
(Oh, you won't need a reboot, by the way. You'll just uninstall it and download it from the Store.)

You have to do this for each app that fails to install an update. So if you have a lot of updates, this'll take a while.

Or, you can just wait for the app to automatically install (assuming that you've enabled automatic app updates); however, it'll take a few days or so to for that app to automatically install.


The app updates settings page

Fresh Paint still won't update, that bastard

I'm not sure what the cause may be, but I think that it has something to do with your machine's internet connection (I have yet to confirm this.)

I haven't tested installing apps on a fast and stable internet connection yet, so I'm not sure if my theory's correct.

The weird thing is, updating Windows apps don't work on my Windows 8.1 laptop; however, app updates works on my Windows Phone.

*Sighs deeply* Ahhhhh....Microsoft



Anyways, that'll be all.

Bye!

Disclaimer: DON'T use this technique of updating Store apps if you're not having the problem.





[Update]
After getting a new internet connection from a new internet service provider, I haven't seen this error again. I now know that the main cause of this update error is because of your "unstable" internet connection.

And yes, if you're currently experiencing this problem, it means that your internet connection isn't as "stable" enough for a Windows Store update to get through, consider switching to a new internet service provider.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiffany's Xanga

Jessica Jung + Tiffany Hwang

My First Week of College